Monday, June 25, 2007

Moving...

So I'm moving to Thunder Bay. Why? Good question....I'm not too sure why. But my gut says to do it, so here I go.

Last month I took a trip to Thunder Bay, paid by the Ontario government, so I could check out the place and decide if I could see myself working/living there. I thought when I got there I would know for sure what I should do....that did NOT happen...but I felt better about taking the job then not.

View of the Sleeping Giant from a park in TBay

The city reminds me of Sydney (except more people)...so nothing too excting...but there are lots of outdoor activities I'm excited to try in and around the city.

On my way home...my flight from TBay to Toronto was diverted to London, ON due to thunder storms....by the time I reached Toronto I had missed my flight to Montreal...they booked me on a flight to Halifax but by the time I reached Hali...I had missed the last flight to Sydney:-( I then had to rent a room at the Airport Hotel for the night until the first flight to Sydney the next morning. This pic was of me just getting to my hotel room in Hali @ 2am....I couldn't call anyone so I needed to document my tiredness incase nobody believed me;-)

That night on my flight from Toronto to Halifax we were flying over thunder storms...each time there was a flash of lightening the whole cabin would light up...I was kinda freaked out be calmed myself by saying we couldn't get hit because we were flying over the storm. HOWEVER....I was just talking to Daniel's cousin who flew into Sydney from Edmonton and her plane was HIT by lightening!!!!! She said they heard a loud noise but thought it was just the tunder...they were not told they were hit until on the ground...where she saw a big black mark on the wing!!!! How scary!!! Glad I didn't know this story before my flight;-)

Anyways, I fly out to Thunder Bay July 14th but I don't start work until July 23rd....so I have a week to settle in before I start to freak out;-)

Now I'm just waiting for Melissa and Cheryl to have their babies!!! Last I heard Melissa was in labour....dear God! Cheryl is still waiting! Exciting stuff!!!!

1 comment:

Mark & Cheryl said...

I"m still waiting, and waiting...haha.
I can't believe you are moving so soon! The pics I have seen of T.Bay look really nice, I hope you have a safe flight there...it is a little ironic to read about your thunder/lightening storm experince, and here you are moving to "Thunder" Bay! Maybe that was a sign!