Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Budapest in 72 hours....

When Kelly and I first landed in Budapest we were so confused. Everything was so different and we had the language barrier to work with. However, we met the nicest Hungarian guy who helped us find our way from the airport to downtown Pest. Without him we never would have made it, I wish we got his name because he lives in London and I would love to look him up and thank him again.
This trip was definitely challenging but that's what I loved so much about it. We really had to go outside of our comfort zones just to even order off of a menu, use transportation, etc. I have to say that we met more helpful & friendly people in our 3 days in Hungary than we met on our whole trip in England. Everyone was so nice, even if they didn't understand English they always tried to help us out!!!
Budapest was such an amazing city. I can't say enough about it...everyone must go here sometime in their lives. Before coming here I didn't even know that the city was split up into Buda and Pest by the Danube River. We stayed in Pest (new part) but Buda (old part) was by far my favorite side. It is full of so much charatcer and history!!

Budapest and Danube River(Buda left & Pest right)

Street in Buda...

Roof of Matthias Church...picture doesn't do it justice:-(

Kelly and I taking a break from climbing the 5000 stairs to the Citadel...

View of Pest and Parliament from Buda side...

1 comment:

Jo-Anna said...

Ok...I have had it! You guys are having WAY to fun without me. I am sitting here...alone..looking for spiders on the ceiling. Yeehaw! Your pictures are way too beautiful and you guys Way too happy. 1/2 way through drums.