Monday, May 01, 2006

Dublin....and area

We took the train from Belfast to Dublin yesterday and let me tell you....that was an experience!! We were seated at a 4 person section and these two guys sat down next to us. I can only descibe them as bizzarely funny. The train ride included everything from Gaelic lessons to them trying to pick us up to one guy coloring in a coloring book. I have never laughed so hard in all of my life. They were asking alot of questions about us but basically everything we told them was a lie.....we almost made it without them finding out....until they started to help us with our luggage and they saw our "real" names on our bags. They were quite surprised but thought it was funny. They were actually nice guys and they helped us find the direction we needed to be going after the train station. Don't worry Mom we didn't tell them where we were staying.

So on to Dublin. Last night it was pouring out so we walked around some and then headed back to the Hostel to hangout in the lounge.

Today we did a day trip outside of Dublin to Glendalough and Avoca (Ballykissangel). First we bought the tour tickets and were then given wrong directions as to where to catch the bus. By the time we realized we were headed in the wrong direction, we had 5 minutes before the bus left. We ran the whole way back but still missed it.....however they got another bus driver to drive us to our missed bus. Well, our bus driver was not impressed with having to wait for us.....but everyone else on the bus thought it was funny. They all thought we went out last night, got drunk and slept in.

Here are some pictures of our fun filled day.....

Wicklow Mountains (Where Braveheart was filmed!!)

Glendalough.....


Avoca (Where Ballykissangel was taped....Mom this is the pub they taped in!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, Honey what an experieince. Those guys on the train sounded funny. I'm glad you didn't tell them where you were staying! I was talking to Aunt Jo last night and told her that you were in Ireland. She said that Duck would really be happy knowing that you were there. Duck always considered herself to be Irish. She wasn't born in Ireland, but her grandfather was. The pictures are beautifu. I recognized the pub in Ballykissangel. Maybe you and I can watch it together. I can't wait until we can sit down and have a really good talk about all your experiences. I am so glad that you are doing this Lori-Beth - you are opening up the world for all of us. I love you and I love readiny your Blog. Take care and let us know when you get to North Hampton. Love, Mom xxx ooo

Anonymous said...

Here I go again. I love the pictures of Dublin and I recognize the pub on Balleykissangel. Maybe I will have a new fan watching it with me. I hope so. I love you, Mom xxx ooo